Obtaining Medical Cannabis
- Gather the Required Documentation
- Register on the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission (MMCC) Website as a Patient or Patient/Caregiver
- Obtain Certification from a Medical Portioner Registered with MMCC
- Visit a Licensed True Wellness Dispensary
- Meet with Patient Service Provider (PSP) who’s a licensed Dispensary Agent
- Purchase your Medical Cannabis up to your monthly allotment:
- 120 grams — or approximately four ounces, unless a provider makes a special determination that a patient needs more.
The True Wellness Dispensary Experience
Patients or Caregiver will enter the facility in a lobby area that allows for the prevention of entry or access to other parts of the facility though the use of an electronically controlled locked door.
The patient or caregiver shall present a valid state or federal identification (ID) card that has not expired to verify their identity
- A Patient Service Provider will query the MMCC data network and verify that:
- The qualifying patient or caregiver is currently registered;
- A certifying physician issued a valid written certification to the qualifying patient, and
- The amount of medical cannabis that has already been dispensed pursuant to the written certification
The Patient Service Provider advise on the therapeutic benefits of medical cannabis and available strains
Once a selection has been made the Patient Service Provider will have the patient or caregiver sign the MMCC required Attestation Statement, complete the transaction and escort the patient or caregiver from the facility.